Sunday, July 18, 2010

There's An Ass In My Photo!



I take a lot of photos of my kids. I generally try to do them in a series. That's usually the plan anyway. I never take my kids to the park with the thought of possibly getting one good photo. I always plan on getting a series of good photos with one that is hopefully really, really good. Obviously really, really good is relative so I just try to please myself and say "screw the world," which is what I say in most situations. It works for me.
When Owen was a baby I took some excellent photos of him in our sunroom. The sun was blazing. He had an orange shirt on and he just looked like a perfect little cherub! I've always loved those photos and have often thought of taking photos of River in the same spot as well. We had the pear tree removed so the back drop is different but I closed the curtains so our cars wouldn't be in the photos.
Owen was in the room with us watching his Thomas the Tank Engine DVD for the 5 millionth time and since he'd peed (among other things) in his big boy underpants at least 4 times within 2 hours, I left him butt naked. I'd heard this sometimes helps them say they have to go so I gave it a shot. I was tired of changing him out of wet pants while hearing his indifferent fake whine. I felt like if I heard it one more time I might hang myself from the shower curtain rod so I did what I could to prevent it.
Anyhoo, the picture I was after is the one I posted above. One of the earlier tries is the one I posted bellow. See if you can spot how Owen ruined it.


4 comments:

  1. Haha. I love baby butts. They are so cute. But, at the same time, unless I stared really hard, and you didn't tell me, I would have never realized there was a naked baby butt in this picture. ;)

    Thanks for stopping in from the tea party. Calling me dainty really gave me a laugh. Haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it Michelle. It made me laugh out loud. Did the your plan work? That is what helped us with Owen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Never ever throw that photo away! That is AWESOME!

    I happened to see the comment you left over at In a Yellow House voting for my photo (Old Nichols Farm). Thanks for the love!

    Your blog cracks me up. I love people who are real. Following and can't wait to read more.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well I can't put THAT on my screen saver at work!

    ReplyDelete