Sunday, July 18, 2010

A Shit Nugget. Really?




Let me start by saying that I absolutely LOVE my beautiful babies. My son in particular is the sweetest little boy I have ever met. He is sweet and he is kind. He is gentle and says "Thank you" and "I'm sorry" without being asked. That's why I feel terrible sitting here while we watch Thomas, secretly wanting to kick him. I mean obviously I won't kick him but I just don't understand why he does what he does. I've had enough of my son peeing in his underwear three times in one hour! WTF? I don't understand why he just can't say, "Momma, I have to go potty."



I get that it's tough to get use to something different but I am over holding a shit nugget in my hand while I try to comfort my crying son. That is just the vilest thing to take off your kid's underwear and a warm shit nugget lands in the palm of your hand. I mean really! What do you do? Throwing it was my natural instinct but that would just cause more mess that I'd have to clean up. I can only imagine how much more I'd be pissed off if I also had to clean a shit stain from my wall! So I just held it til I got to the bathroom and tossed it. It was able to not scream because I was gritting my teeth in annoyance.

He gets very upset when he pees in his big boy underwear and usually tries to hide it. I'm not sure why he gets upset because we don't get mad (on the outside) when he does it. I stopped saying, "It's OK Owen" to calm him because my mom friends told me that may be giving him the message that what he's doing is OK and clearly it is not. I've switched to, "Next time you'll do a better job" and "We aren't angry with you but peeing or pooping in your pants is not OK."

Look at that sweet face! No doubt playing like an angel while he plans his next pooping adventure.

3 comments:

  1. And you know what? Those little "gems" never stop coming. My chicas are 'bout grown, but, metaphorically speaking, they produce these nuggets quite often!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! What a great title. He will be potty trained when he is ready. You are doing everything right now it's just up to him. BTW Brady peed on the floor today and tried to flush half a roll of toliet paper down the toliet. BOYS...ugh!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so glad you found my blog, so that I could find yours. Any parent that will also admit thoughts of kicking their children is a fan of mine. People shuttered in my blog when I stated that if my son wasn't a kid I would so punch him in the face on some days. It is nice to know that there are other parents out there who will be honest with themselves, and the world.
    You have gained a new faithful follower!

    Ange
    www.nameswontbechanged.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete