Tuesday, July 20, 2010

River is 18 Months Old Today!


My baby girl is 18 months old today! She's sweet, feisty and a lot like me. I haven't had her 18 month pictures taken yet but that's coming up soon. She gets along well with her brother but is in no way as gentle as he is. She doesn't take no for an answer and carves her own path.



18 months ago I couldn't have imagined that I'd have a daughter with my exact personality.


18 months ago I couldn't have imagined that I'd have a blog mostly filled with pictures of her because she was so easy to photograph.


18 months ago I couldn't have foreseen owning a hair bow/tie in every colour imaginable.


18 months ago I wouldn't have believed how wonderful it was to have two beautiful babies in my arms.


18 months ago I only dreamed of eyes this blue.


18 months ago I didn't know a kid this young could have so much hair.


18 months ago I was the mother of one and didn't know what I was missing.


18 months ago I didn't know how fulfilling it was to see my kids playing together.


18 months ago I didn't know how mean a baby could be when I woke her up early from naptime.


18 months ago I didn't know a girl could eat so much.


18 months ago I didn't know what a wonderful feeling it was to have someone say, "That is the prettiest little girl I've ever seen! She looks like a babydoll!"


18 months ago I didn't know what it was like to have a family member with narrow feet and a tiny ass.


18 months ago I didn't know how mad a kid could get when you didn't give her what she wants, right when she wants it.


18 months ago I would have told you that you were a crackpot if you told me I would invest in so much pink.


18 months ago I didn't know how much a could love my beautiful baby girl!



I love you Rivie-roo!


3 comments:

  1. Wonderful post! My daughter turned 18 months just a few weeks ago. My post wasn't nearly as eloquent:

    http://thewriterrevived.blogspot.com/2010/06/good-day.html

    It sounds like they have a lot in common, though. Enjoy every minute of her! And thanks for sharing your joy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post. I love the list 18 months ago I ......
    Your daughter is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete