Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Pour Your Heart Out Wednesday ~ I HATE Summer!



I'll be honest with you, I think I hate summer. I hate the heat. I hate the humidity. I hate the sweat that gathers behind my knees when I sit on the ground with my children. I hate that I burn five minutes in the sun. I hate that my daughter got the same skin and wrapping her in a berka at the pool makes more sense that the sweet tutu swimsuit I got her. I hate that I covet my son's skin. This is the skin he inherited from his mostly Italian father. He can run around all day with little sunscreen and come out with the best tan ever! Pisses me off! Poor River is white as all get out and in order to preserve that skin she only gets about 15 minutes or so in direct sunlight. She's like a little vampire baby!



This week has been the hottest that I can remember. I mean, ungodly hot. Whenever I step outside it feels like I'm stepping directly onto the sun. I opened the door yesterday to ask my husband a question and the vile humidity hit me in the face and I slammed the door and decided to wait for him to come in. Rude, I know but I just can't stand it! This MUST be what it's like in the Sudan. I have no idea how people live there. These days I don't even stand by a window without lotion and Chapstick. I think it's starting to cool off a little bit but I couldn't really say because we've been hiding inside. It isn't worth the demon burns I get when I step into the light.



The only thing that gets me through this sweltering mess is knowing that my favorite season is around the corner. Thinking of the days where I can wear shorts and a sweatshirt helps me survive this blistering sweatfest. Also, when I brave the heat there is usaully water invloved and I get great pictures of my babies in the water! Thank God there's a pool!






4 comments:

  1. It has been a scorcher down south this week! It was raining and 72 degrees here yesterday and I thought I'd died and gone to heaven...I'm about to head up north to the mountains for a family vacation and I'm sure I'll forget all about the heat and complain that I am cold! Both my kids suffer similar sun fate. With DD I used to be a two-piece with a really cute bottom and pair it with a sun shirt and a big floppy sun hat for better protection.

    Stopping by from PYHO at TICS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your babies are beautiful! I usually get sick of summer right about now. We have done all we can do in the heat and now I just want to sit inside and stay cool!

    Lydia

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL!!! I totally agree, but I don't have a pool so my whiteness stays in the house!!! I wish I did have a pool and I told my hubs that if we have to stay in this hell hole then I must have a house with an inground pool!!! Otherwise, we are moving back to Colorado where it doesn't get as hot as West Texas!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can totally relate! I'm in the sun for 10 minutes and I am burnt to a crisp. Then the hubby and my daughter are out in it all day and they have the most awesome tan! I am so jealous of them I sold my daughter that and she just laughs... Uggg

    ReplyDelete