Saturday, July 24, 2010

Not All Who Wander Are Lost


But some of us are.


This morning I did something I've been putting off for a while. Just thinking about it made me feel ill so I put it off as long as I could but I knew it had to happen today so I took the plunge. I took my camera in to be serviced. This may not be a big deal to some people but it's a HUGE deal to me. I can't remember a day since I've had my camera that I haven't used it. Maybe when I was in the hospital in December but other than that, I don't think it's happened.


I guess I should just be glad that I got the service plan so that the issues can be fixed. It had a couple of small issues before but when my flash stopped working on Friday morning, I knew the time had come. Figures the thing I hate the most is the first thing to break. Even though I have a good external flash, I don't use it as much as I should. The warranty runs out next year so I wanted to get this taken care of with time to spare. I also needed everything done before my Portland/Forks trip. I don't want to be worrying about my camera in the land of Vampires!


The Geek Squad said it should only be gone for 1 1/2 to 2 weeks which of course means at least 3 weeks. I speak nerd cause I married one. I stripped my camera of all the bling, strap, Tripod attachment, UV filter, memory card, battery and left it with this stranger with a red beard. I'll be honest, I had a hard time walking away. I left feeling like I forgot something. I kept checking for my cell phone and my keys. My diaper bag felt lighter too. I haven't been anywhere without my camera in years.


I must have gotten up to get my camera five times today and each time I kicked myself for forgetting. I wonder how long it will take before I stop doing that. I'm guessing three weeks. Now I have no choice but to find out what my point and shoot can do. I once saw a photo book filled with really great photographs taken with a Polaroid camera so I'm only as limited as I allow myself to be. That being said, I think it will be a long three weeks.
I just want my camera! I posted a picture of us during better times.

5 comments:

  1. oh no... I hope you get it back soon. I'm not a photo girl but I can't imagine going a few days without my cell phone or something like that.

    Maybe you can fill the time with a guest blog ;) hehe

    ReplyDelete
  2. I. Feel. Your. Pain. My world would come crashing to a halt too. That feeling of nakedness, your wings taken away. OH!

    I will not part with my camera until the day I get a back-up. Unless, of course, they pry it from my cold dead hands.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for joining Surfin’ Saturdays and grabbing our button! I’m following you back
    Please link up again next week!

    Love your site!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You'll be amazed at what you can do with a point and shoot, when you dont have any other choices. I don't have a dslr yet......my camera is a superzoom, and I spend many hours trying to convince it it's a dslr! :)

    I once read on someone's blog that the person behind the camera is far more important that the equipment in his/her hands. If you give Tiger Woods a set of cheap golf clubs, he's still gonna be an amazing golfer. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for joining us on Surfin' Saturdays...following you back! Cute site!
    Beth
    Two Monkeys & a Washtub
    http://twomonkeysawashtub.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete