Tuesday, July 13, 2010

My Baby Can Rock a Pair of Heels!



Let me get this out of the way first thing so as to avoid confusion. This is my son. He has beautiful long flowing blond hair but I assure you, he's all boy. I have this discussion daily and while I know if I got him a hair cut, I wouldn't but I'm just not ready yet.

Now that that's out of the way, I took Owen to his friend Alexa's house to play. While I was sitting downstairs and talking to Laura, Owen came walking down the stairs in what I can only assume are princess heels. I did what any loving mother would do, I grabbed my camera! I mean as much as his friends play dress up, Owen has never been into putting other clothes on when he's playing and I don't think I've ever seen him do it. He got a cool cape for his birthday and it's just sitting here waiting for him to be open to it. I don't know what was funnier, him walking really slow down the stairs as not to trip in pink, plastic heels or the fact that his giganto size 13 feet were trying to bust out of those poor things!

I snapped these pictures and then today I opened them and laughed out loud. That first picture of Owen from the back looks exactly like me when I was younger. That is my exact body type! Granted, he's only three so it could change but still, it was weird to see this. Poor thing. Oh well, at least he's a boy.

4 comments:

  1. Too funny! Brady dresses up in Cora's pink tutu when we play at her house.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are hilarious! A lot of my friends who have little boys say they loooove high heels. It's too funny, and the long hair just makes it great! Don't be in a rush to cut it, when you're ready you'll be ready!

    PS...I'm your newest follower!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love long hair on boys. Mine have adorable curls. :)

    You almost got me with the pink heels, though!

    ReplyDelete