Thursday, July 29, 2010

Music I Love ~ Day VIII

I haven't always been a fan of Liz Phair. I'm not even sure how I missed her in the early 90s but she wasn't even on my radar screen. Her music is honest to the point of being uncomfortable, which I like. She doesn't have the best voice in the world but that's OK because she has something to say which is more important.

Shockingly enough my husband introduced me to her when we went with friends to see her play. We were right up front and she had the tiniest denim mini skirt on so we got to stare at her shiny green underwear for the whole show. My husband didn't complain. I thought it was pretty funny. I mean she looked great and I didn't need to eyeball her undies but I would have had to stare at the back wall for the whole show to avoid it.

She has many songs that are excellent but this one, Fuck and Run if my personal favorite. I have trouble listening to the studio recording because I have a live version on my iPod and it's really, really good so going back to the original is difficult. I think this is from Exile to Guyville, but don't quote me on that.

I love a good kick ass Indy rock chick!



No comments:

Post a Comment