Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Music I Love ~ Day VII

I absolutely love the Indigo Girls! I have loved them since I was in high school. I have a few of their CDs and a Retrospective that is mostly live but they totally rock! I saw them in high school on National Coming Out Day on the Vandy campus with my friend Joey and I think he and I were the only non gay peeps in the house. Not that it mattered, we had so much fun and they were excellent! One thing I remember most about that show is that was when wearing those tights that stop mid thigh with a mini skirt was cool. I was wearing those and one of them kept rolling down. Totally annoyed me all night but I was able to still pay attention and watch all the gay guys gawk over my friend Joey because he was then and still is a super hottie! We're friends on Facebook and he is married and has a few kids. Still way cool.

Anyway, there are few albums that I've purchased where I like every single song on the whole CD. That's pretty rare. Every CD has a lull but the Indigo Girls CD which I think came out in 88-89 kicks ass, the whole thing! I can think of maybe 3 or 4 CDs that are like that for me. 10,000 Maniacs and Counting Crows both have one, actually another Indigo Girls CD, Rites of Passage is like that too. Every song on the CD is amazing but seriously, what band today makes a CD that has 12 strong songs on it?

So today my choice is the Indigo Girls, Closer to Fine. It's an excellent song and I never get tired of watching the video. They really are very talented and have beautiful voices. I actually was this close to priting a few lines from this song on the back of my wedding program and the only reason I didn't was because I ran out of room. This is what I'd planned to use. I think it's beautiful.



"Darkness has a hunger that's insatiable
And lightness has a call that's hard to hear
I wrap my fear around me like a blanket
I sailed my ship of safety till I sank it, I'm crawling on your shore"






2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HA! I do love the Indigo Girls, I even saw them in concert once a long time ago:-).

    ReplyDelete