Saturday, July 24, 2010

Music I Love ~ Day III

In a day when most performers are so pathetically untalented (Miley Cyrus I'm looking at you) and most of them can't walk and sing at the same time (Britteny, Hello?), it is refreshing to see someone who not only can sing but doesn't use dancing as an excuse to lip sync. I can think of almost no one else today who would be capable of singing like this while hanging from the ceiling and spinning.
When Pink first came out, I wasn't a huge fan. I mean I liked her but the pseudo punk thing she had going on wasn't working for me. Thankfully she's turned into more than that and that has never been more clear than in this performance at the Grammies in January of 2010. I loved this so much that I kept the entire three hour performance on my DVR for over four months. I can't even tell you how much I watched it. My son was singing it by the time I finally deleted it.

It's just nice to see someone willing to strip down to basically nothing in front of a room of her peers and sing her ass off while hanging upside down, wet, from a big piece of what looks like nylon. She didn't miss a beat. Also, her body kicks ass! In a time of everyone looking like they ate a pea for lunch, it's refreshing. I like how he descended like she owned the place because on that night, she did. That's my kind of chick! Fierce.

Pink's Glitter in the Air was an easy choice today. Is this seriously the same girl who sang Get this Party Started? I just can't connect the dots on that one.


4 comments:

  1. Wow, that's my first time seeing that video. Amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for joining Surfin' Saturdays! I'm your newest follower! :)

    -Jessica
    And Then There Were 4...
    http://giveawaysandlife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely LOVE P!NK! Especially this song!!! Following you now too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Saturday Blog Surf! your newest follower! follow me back please! lets keep in touch! have a great weekend!

    www.justcherishtoday.com

    ReplyDelete