Friday, July 16, 2010

I Write Like


A girl on The Red Dress Club blog posted a link to this website that I thought was pretty cool. It's called I Write Like.

http://iwl.me/



If you enter a sample of your work in the field, it tells you who you write like. I submitted a section of my story to The Red Dress Club and I used that section first. It told me I write like Chuck Palahniuk. I'll be honest, I had to Google him but turns out that he wrote Fight Club. That didn't really confuse me even though I'm not writing about half naked men fighting.


What did confuse me was when I entered any other piece of work it told me that I write like Stephen King. My blog posts, the other story I was working on and other parts of the same story I'm working on now, Stephen King. I don't get that at all.
Whatever, I don't care who it says I write like. It's not like it will change anything I'm doing but it does remind me of a quote I heard not too long ago:


"I resist the muses but they sing to me in exile..." Idina Menzel. It's from the song Still I Can't Be Still.

Love her! If you write you should try the website because it's pretty cool, even if it is a load of poop!

3 comments:

  1. I read somewhere that it said LeBron James writes like Charles Dickens. So take that for what it's worth :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That makes me feel better. I think LeBron James is a baffoon.

    ReplyDelete