Saturday, July 17, 2010

CANNONBALL!!!!


Tonight my girlfriends and I went to an adult pool party at our gym. I knew I'd have a good time but I had no idea I would be doing cannonballs! If I'm being totally honest I have to say that I'm not sure I've ever done a cannonball. It isn't as easy as you might think when you have to hold your nose. I don't technically know how to swim and every single time I go underwater, I hold my nose. So I guess I did more of a half cannonball but whatever, it was fun as hell!

After some prodding, we got all the girls to get on the two slides that are generally reserved for the children. My son would never get on that damn thing but I think I must have done it ten times! I will never look at that thing the same again! It was just nice to be at the pool sans kids. I love my babies but it's nice sometimes to reconnect with myself.

Riddle me this, why do people go to pool parties and not get in the pool? Are you worried about getting your hair wet? I don't get it. It's a friggen pool party! Get over yourselves! Granted, I didn't expect everyone to be doing cannonballs but still, relax a bit already. When we walked in I felt like we were that group of cool girls in high school that everyone glowered at as they walked though the cafeteria with their hair flowing in wind that shouldn't be there. Not so much because they were dressed better or they were prettier but because those girls knew their shit didn't stink and because they knew how to have a good time! That was us tonight. We were the cool girls. We owned that fucking pool!

I think the most outgoing person all night was the wonked boob girl we met in the bathroom. Who knew?

3 comments:

  1. It was FUN!!! I would love to go again if they have another one. Those photos are hysterical.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What prodding? Seemed more like a race to get to the slides. Alexa would have be so jealous. And cool chicks...damn straight! :)

    LB

    ReplyDelete