Tuesday, July 6, 2010

And the Hits Keep Comin!




The "I'm 40 tour" keeps chuggin on and today made a stop at the OB/GYN for my 40 year visit! My friend Karen was not only nice enough to watch my 3 year old son this morning but to also remind me of the appointment last night in an email. Thank God because I had completely forgotten (blocked it out) about it. When I got up this morning I had a lot to do in getting the kids ready. Packing a separate bag for Owen to go to Karen's house and jumping in the shower before I got the kids out of their beds to do that "special" shave you always do right before going to the Yuck Doctor. Don't act like you don't do it too. Everyone does it. Even if you tell me you don't, I know you're lying.



So I dropped Owen off with Karen and then hit the road, thankfully remembering my gas light was on before I hit the highway. My Yuck Doctor is 30 minutes away and I had 28 minutes to get there so I had plenty of time to stop for gas. getting the slowest pump on earth was a plus!



Anyhoo, since I drive like a Cullen I got there for my 10:30 appointment at 10:29. They saw me almost immediately and after the nurses eyeballed River and told me how pretty she was they sent me back to my room where the nurse handed me a paper towel and said, "Use this to cover up." I laughed out loud, like I always do, but I did what she said. Riddle me this, why is it that every OB/GYN room I've ever been in has one place to park a stroller and it's right where my daughter has no choice but to stare at the horse she road in on? I mean really, some imagination people!


Also, I don't care how old I get but I will never get use to some things and someone poking me where I'd rather not be poked (I think you get me) is just one of those things. Even after two pretty tough pregnancies and being spread eagle in front of the whole world so many times while carrying my angels, I still could do without this. Butt what are you gonna do? Get it?
Now I'm home with my referral for my first Mammogram! I can't even tell you how excited I am NOT about going to get that done. The thought of someone smashing my boobs into a light paste seems like a great way to spend an afternoon.


I posted a picture of Dr. Leventhal with River. She is the one who cut her 9.5 pound hiney from my womb. She has a sense of humor and laughs at my jokes. I don't require this of my dentist or my eye doctor but if you're going to see me naked, a sense of humor is a must.
I also took the last picture of the car in front of me at a stop light. Neither car was moving so my husband can't give me any crap. There is no way this was just a random license plate. Sex Job, really? All that's missing is the bumper sticker that says, "Whore on Board." I think this person asked for this. The DMV once tried to give me a plate with this on it: 666 W08, something like that. I refused. I don't need the devil helping me drive.


2 comments:

  1. Hysterical! Humor is the only way to face 40&up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad I found your blog. I'm a huge Twilight fan too...love the line in this post, "drive like a Cullen!" I also have a thing for Edward! Just saw Eclipse this past weekend. Just like the rest, I loved it and can't wait for the 2 installments of Breaking Dawn.

    Your family is so cute! Looking forward to reading more. Stop by again sometime and say hi.

    http://ourgatorzone.blogspot.com
    Webbisodes

    ReplyDelete