Friday, July 2, 2010

10 Things That Make Me Smile

I decided to start something new. I tend to naturally gravitate towards the negative so I am going to try to post once a week about things I enjoy and that put a smile on my face. I might not do it the same day every week but I'd like it to be an ongoing thing. We'll see.




1. The sweetness of this face:




2. I love that even after all these years, I can still look at this and laugh, out loud:





3. Being less than two month away from my 40th Birthday and still feeling 17. I love that I still rock!


4. The fact that my husband doesn't have a problem with my love of this, makes me smile:




5. Getting out of the house with a friend to see a movie I've been waiting for like my own friggen Birthday party, was really great!




6. My camera gives me more joy than any one thing I own. I'm a Nikon girl! My laptop is a close second.


7. I love that my family affords me the time to write. I generally do it at night after the kids go to bed but sometimes I sit with Owen while River is napping and catch up. He's sitting here now being such a good boy. I'd really smile if I could get him to put his penis away. What is it with three year olds?



8. I love my son's hair! He's almost 3 1/2 and never had a haircut. We get crap for it but mostly from old people, not that I care. We'll cut it at some point but not yet.



9. I love all things Twilight. Books, movies, soundtracks, all of it. But I love nothing more than the vampire. Sigh......Edward.



10. Thinking about the trip my husband is taking me on in October to Portland and all the small cities in Washington state makes me smile. What a gigantic thing he is doing for me especially since he doesn't give two shits about Twilight. He also lets me get onions on a pizza when he'd rather I didn't. All around good guy.

6 comments:

  1. I'm a total twi-mom and in love with Edward!!!

    I'm a new follower from the tea party social!

    www.housekeepinginprogress.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well number 6 is very evident in your amazing photographs! I think this post is a great idea. Recently I also decided I was writing too negatively and needed to remind myself, in writing, of why my life is good. Maybe next time I should do it in pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A husband like that would make anyone smile! I've heard the newest Twilight is better than the last one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for stopping by my blog and commenting :)

    I enjoyed your 10 things list. Even though we have our differences (Nikon/Cannon, Edward/Jacob) we also have a lot in common with photography and wonderful families.

    I joined your followers and look forward to reading more from you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm still laughing over the Robert Pattinson thing and the fact your husband lets you put onions on the pizza. He's a keeper!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for stopping by my blog and commenting.

    Love your blog. You've got such a calming way of writing, although I have to say, as much as I may be obessessed with vampires, it's Team Jacob all the way!;)

    ReplyDelete