Today my baby girl developed a temperature of 102.8. I have no idea where it came from. She was fine yesterday and we went to the pool this morning. She didn't seen warm then but she was a little more fussy than usual when I look back on it. I'd love to give her a fever reducer but finding that shit is like the search for the Lockness Monster, never ending.
I called her Pediatrician to talk to him about what's going on with her and the fact that she just took 10 days of Amoxicilan. Her temp was pretty high. It registered at 102.8 the first time and 103.2 the second. I've yet to find a thermometer that is worth a damn to it's a crap shoot as to which one if correct. She seems a little tired but other than that is fine. The Ped told me to give her something to reduce her fever. He told me to give her an off brand because Tylenol and Motrin haven't gotten their shit together since the April recall. They've been making that shit for like 57 years so how they haven't figured out how to do it yet is beyond me. Medicine making 101 say you don't make it for children with little chunks of crap in it. Also, figure out the fucking dosages so parents don't accidentally overdose their kids by giving them the amounts you write on the box. How hard is that to get right with 57 years practice? Apparently it's pretty damn tough.
Because all of my Tylenol and Motrin was recalled, again, I had to go out and get some new medicine for River. Now I didn't mind the trip because she's my daughter and she's sick and I'd do anything for her but CVS didn't have their brand, Rite Aid didn't have their brand and Wallgreens didn't have their brand. I had to call my friend Michelle just for suggestions on where to go because I didn't know where to look. I don't give my kids a lot of medicine but River's temp is higher than it's ever been and that worried me. I went to three friggen stores looking for anything for infants and they had nothing. I guess there is a run on it because everything got recalled. I called my friend Karen for another suggestion as to where I could look and she had two bottles so I just went to her house and snagged one. By the time I got home she was asleep and we had to wake her up to give her the medicine which she opened her mouth for and then went right back to sleep when we put her down.
From now on I am going to go out of my way to not by Tylenol or Motrin. I already don't buy that stuff for myself but I thought I was doing the right thing for the kids by buying the good stuff. I was clearly mistaken. Jackasses, it just makes me mad! These people fucking up so royally when manufacturing these medicines is like McDonald's making a Fish Fil A incorrectly. I know it happens because it happens to me but it's always because someone half ass did their job because they thought n one would notice. I can handle when you do that shit to me but don't put my kid in danger because you're an idiot or just plain lazy.