Thursday, June 24, 2010

Icing On The Cupcake!



My girlfriend Karen made cupcakes for her daughter's (Jane) first Birthday party and they were incredible. She made her own icing and while it was a little extra work it was totally worth it because they were THE best cupcakes I'd ever had. They were better than either store bought or homemade. When I brought some home for Chris his exact words were, "This cupcake is better than sex!" He was right.



So, when it came time to celebrate Chris's 35th Birthday this weekend I decided to go for it and make my own icing. I made it early and have it hidden in the back of the fridge. I crowded it with a bunch of stuff he doesn't eat so unless he cleans out the fridge which won't happen, he won't find it. I'll make the cupcakes while he's at work tomorrow and hide them too.




This is what I did for Chris's Birthday. I wasn't sure what to do but I knew I wanted to involve his fraternity brothers if possible because he just loves them and we don't get to see them enough because they live in NOVA, where Chris is from. Our friend Karen suggested getting them together for a BBQ and then an Orioles game. BT, her husband ran with that and not only got tix to the game but found a hotel room in Baltimore for them to crash for the night. He knows nothing about these plans and I think he'll be really excited.




I am taking Chris to dinner in Baltimore at The Prime Rib on Friday and then everyone is coming over for a BBQ at 11 AM on Saturday. His parents and sister are coming as well. I plan to tell Chris that I couldn't get reservations for Saturday night so that's why we're going on Friday. Hopefully he'll buy it and then during dinner I will give him some sob story about not being able to find a babysitter for the kids for Saturday so that we could do something fun. I think he'll drink the KoolAid if I can stop myself from laughing. I'm a horrible liar.




Anyhoo, I premade the icing this morning as well as boiled the eggs for deviled eggs which I must admit, I make really well. Scallions are my friend. I coloured the icing in Virginia Tech colours so hopefully they'll notice. The maroon could have been deeper but I didn't want to work it anymore It needed to get in the fridge.


Obviously I can't post this til Saturday but I wanted to keep track of the goings on.



No comments:

Post a Comment