Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Eclipse....Revisited





I just got back from seeing Eclipse again. I was right, it really is a very good movie. I did what I said and I tried to search for a lull. I think the lull (if there even is one) is the council meeting on the reservation. I thought there was way too much background info on the history of the tribe in the book and while I understood why it was there and the importance of explaining it, I could have done without it, or I would have at least liked less of it. So I guess that's the lull that I was looking for but that's really a complement to the film because the "lull" was still interesting.


We'd always planned to see Eclipse on opening night. I felt kind of bad after I found out about the Twifecta. I thought my friends would think I was ditching them to see all three movies but I had no plans to not see it with them the next night. I can see a movie I love over and over so not worries for me, which is good because I bought my Twifecta ticket as soon as I found out about it and planned to go alone if no one else wanted to go with me. Luckily Angie is clearly as crazy as I am, which I appreciate.


It's also nice to see a film that you love and then have dinner with your friends so you can talk about it. We went to Chevy's and I had a pina colada. Perhaps one of the best I've ever had. It was very tall and very cold and did just what I thought it might. It made me just a little sleepy so when I went to bed I could make up for the sleep I lost the night before. I love pina coladas and I also love getting caught in the rain but that's neither here nor there.


My husband thinks I'm crazy for not only seeing 4 movies (one of them twice) in a 24 hour period but for getting to the Twifecta 2 hours ahead of time but it really was a smart move. We were able to sit in the front in excellent seats. The people who walked in at the last minute sat up front and probably stared at Rob's nose hair for two hours. What I didn't tell him was how I ran into the theater last night to assure us good seats, again, I prevailed.


Angie, Laura, Laura and her sister Kristen and myself sat next to a bunch of people who were together and took up several rows. It was a doctor and his family and maybe 6 8-10 year olds. He was very nice and even a bit entertaining. He was worried that it might be a bit racy for the kids and was pleased when we were able to tell him that it really wasn't. Although it was funny during the scene on the bed at the Cullen house when he leaned forward and tried to cover their eyes. I guess it was a little racy for an 8 year old.


I can't wait for Eclipse to come out on DVD. I know I will watch it a million times, just like I did Twilight. I've watched Twilight well over 40 times and I don't feel bad about it. At night when Chris plays Warcraft I will watch it if I am not writing. I'm not sure why but I haven't done that with New Moon. I like NM but I think it's a tougher story and requires more attention so I can't do other things and watch it at the same time, so I don't try. Eclipse will come out well before Breaking Dawn I hits theaters so maybe a Christmas release? That would be nice. I could get someone else to buy it for me. So much to look forward to. So many books to reread. My new Eclipse movie companion is eyeballing me like I've made a promise I've yet to fulfill. Good times.
Sigh.......Edward..........








No comments:

Post a Comment