Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Rainboots, Who Knew?


Since I've never been to the Olympic Peninsula in October, I'm not 100% sure what to expect. I got hooked up with Kathy from Experience Twilight and to be honest, I'm not really even sure how. As it turns out she is going on the bus tour with Catherine Hardwicke so I'll get to meet her, which is nice but she lives out there so she's given me lots of practical advice.


The best advice she's given me so far is to buy a pair of rain boots. Apparently the footwear of choice is NIKE because they're made out there but the places where we'll be going like the beach in Portland where they did some shooting. It's the same beach where they shot Goonies , and if it's a rainy day, I could ruin my tennis shoes. Now she seemed pretty up on NIKE so I didn't have the heart to tell her I wear New Balance, but that was neither here nor there. I think her advice was sound. I ruined my last pair of New Balance waiting outside a venue for Duran Duran in Philly in the middle of a monsoon and I'm still pissed about it. I met them so all is forgiven.

Anyhoo, I started doing a relaxed search for a pair of rain boots. Not as easy as you might think. I wear a size 11 and they all seem to stop at 10. Who knew? It isn't like they'll give either cause they're made out of rubber. I could buy a man's size but men's shoes are too bulky. I have a long foot but not a wide one so it's always a struggle. What sucks is that my mother and sister wear a size 7. Damn my father and his big ass clown feet!

I posted a couple of pictures of where I'll be going so you can see that rain boots are kinda required footwear for this trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment