Monday, May 24, 2010

Joey, Do You Like Movies About Gladiators?

This movie poster was a lot funner 10 years ago.


I know I mentioned before that I don't have many rules so this is going to sound weird, but here's another rule I have. Well, it's more of a suggestion to myself than a rule, but I think it's important. I will go out of my way to not fly on a September 11th airline. That means I will do whatever necessary to not fly on United Airlines and American Airlines. Now I know it isn't really logical and my husband says I need to stop calling them "September 11th airlines" but I feel strongly that those people getting on those planes that morning was their fault. They had the ability to stop them and didn't. Now I know it could have happened to any airline but it didn't. It happened with them and as much as I hate to fly, I can not be on a plane for 6-8 hours thinking about that the whole time. Flying is hard enough.


So, as I plan my trip to the Pacific Northwest, I keep this in mind. Looks like I have a choice between United and Continental. The have the same flying time with a layover in Texas, a state I swore I'd never step foot in so there goes another rule. There is a Delta flight that stops in Salt Lake City. Hmmm, Utah. I'm not sure that is a step in the right direction.
So I think I've narrowed it down to Continental on the way out and AirTran or Delta on the way back. I just need to get them approved by my king before I do the deed. It's surprisingly cheap. $150 on the way out and $130 on the way back, give or take. I was surprised to see that. Although I did fly round trip once to Detroit and back to Nashville when I was in high school. I guess no one was going there but me.
My trip is coming together nicely.

No comments:

Post a Comment