Monday, May 3, 2010

Downtown Nashville



Bellvue is right outside of Nashville. They're both in Davidson County. We used to go tubing under the bridge and now it's obviously a death trap. The Harpeth River as well, just bleeding all over everything. I think 18 people have died so far but I'm that number will rise. Sad.

http://www.newschannel5.com/Global/category.asp?C=125220&autoStart=true&topVideoCatNo=default&clipId=4751432&flvUri=&partnerclipid=



Also, this is downtown Nashville and this flooding is crazy. This looks well over 48feet. I can't imagine that's still accurate. Opryland Hotel evacuated all of it's guests. I can't even imagine that.







I guess the question is, how long do you wait, while not hearing from your family before you load up your car and hit the road? If I didn't have kids, I would have already loaded my van up with drinkable water and hit the road.

The pictures I posted above are the Opryland Hotel. I can't tell you how many drunk nights I spent in this courtyard.
*EDIT* While I still haven't located my sister, I got a call from the cemetery where my Grandparents are buried. While they did suffer some damage to the lower parts, the section my Grandparents are buried in wasn't touched but the flooding. So, that's good news.

No comments:

Post a Comment