Friday, May 14, 2010

American Automobile Association




This morning after I put my son on the school bus, I loaded my daughter in the car and drove to AAA. I was looking for any info I could get my hands on for our trip to Portland and Washington. While I know we aren't driving, we'll still need driving maps for the area and rental car info. The lady asked me where I was going specifically and I told her Portland and a few small cities in Washington. She looked at me with a sly smile on her face. "You're going to Forks, aren't you?"

I had to giggle. What else could I do? I love that she seemed to be a fan. She offered advice on footwear. "Buy rain boots," she said. "Even if it isn't raining at that moment, there are always puddles and if you bring only one pair of tennis shoes, you'll ruin them with just one puddle."

So, now I need rain boots, but I saw some at the mall today for like $35, so I'll go cheap. I've always wanted a pair I just don't want brightly coloured boots that I see everyone else in. When my husband takes a picture of me in front of Bella's truck, I don't want a frog's face poking out from underneath my pant legs.

Yesterday when I was making my Portland hotel reservations, I told the guy on the other end of the line that I was coming into town for the Twilight Convention which is being held at their hotel. While making my reservation he asked me questions about Twilight. "When is Eclipse coming out? Is this the one where they get married?" I answered the questions through my usual giggles. I think I giggled more because it's the first time I'd ever had a Twilight conversation in length with a man. I laughed when as we were saying goodbye, he said, "Don't worry, Bella will be a vampire soon!"

Nice people make all the difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment