Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Rockabye Sweet Baby Jane


Today our friend Jane turns one year old! I remember being at the park and telling Karen that I was pregnant again. I'd just found out after weeks of negative pregnancy tests and had started to get worried that at 38, maybe it wouldn't be as easy as it was the first time. The first time Chris just walked by me and I was with child. I was wrong cause I'd been pregnant all along and the dollar store pregnancy tests had just failed me. Karen was the first person I told cause I figured, what would it hurt? Chris will never know. I was so excited that I was going to bust so out it came.



I remember when Karen told me as it was kind of the same thing. Too excited to keep the news and she wasn't too far behind me as River is only three months or so older. It's nice to see them playing together now. Our boys have always played well together and I can only hope it will be the same for Jane and River. Both our girls are rockin beautiful blue eyes, which is nice. I was worried that River's would change like Owen's did. I always wanted a boy with brown eyes and a girl with crystal blue and that's just what I got. You can't beat a pair of beautiful blue eyes! Karen and I have always had a lot in common. Among other things like our lips and pasty skin, our girls are beautiful and our sons are pretty damn groovy!





It always makes me giggle to see River and Jane standing together because River is only in the 25% for weight but she looks like Mothra next to Jane. It makes me realize how long she is. She looks so tiny next to her brother that I forget how long she is.

Jane's Birthday party is this weekend and she's having a Garden Party, which I've been calling a Tea Party for weeks. They're pretty much the same thing, minus the tea, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment