Wednesday, April 28, 2010

For the Love of a Book.....




Even I am shocked at the love I have for the Twilight Saga. I didn't see it coming and wasn't even open to it for months. I wasn't a fan when any of the books came out. I wasn't a fan when Twilight or New Moon were released in the theater and just got interested in it right before New Moon was pulled from theaters, giving me a chance to see it on the big screen. I've never seen Twilight in theaters and I wish I had.

As I creep up on my 40th Birthday I have been trying to come up with an idea for something I could do to mark the special event. It's odd to mark the day you turn 40 when on most days you barely feel 20. I often have to remind myself that I'm an adult. When I was a kid and someone told they were 40, I remember thinking Jesus, you're old. How funny to remember that because I still feel that way a little bit. I've met 40 year olds and called them Sir and Mame which is ridiculous because they're my age but I just feel so young that I forget. What a wonderful thing it is to feel this way at 40. I am definitely the youngest 40 year old I have ever met and I'm cool with that. Maturity and conformity are overrated.

So, instead of going on a cruise or a beach vacation for my Birthday (both which I looked into) I have talked my husband into taking me to the Olympic Peninsula, in October. I researched tons of things I wanted to do but as soon as I found this, I knew it was on. We are flying to Portland where I'll be taking a small bus tour with Catherine Hardwicke, the director of Twilight. We'll go in and around Portland to the shooting locations and she'll tell us about the different areas. I think it should be really fun. Chris won't be going on the tour because he doesn't care but I'm OK with that. I'll take enough pictures to make him feel like he was there. The Twilight Convention will be in Portland while we're there but I'm not going to this one since I just went. If Stephanie Meyer were there, I might go but other than that, I don't really care. I gotta tell you though, I'm so excited about the tour that it wakes me in the night so I'm REALLY looking forward to it.

After Portland we're going to drive down to Forks and LaPush, again, I'm really excited. We'll go and see Bella's truck, Forks hospital, The Hoh Rain Forest and 1st and 2nd Beach in LaPush. I think I'm most excited to see the beaches because they looked beautiful. I bought a couple of books on what to look for because I don't want to miss anything. I must really want this because I am terribly afraid of flying but how often do you get to meet with and talk to the director of your favorite movie? What an awesome experience that will be.

What a wonderful husband I have to entertain this craziness. When I first had this idea I was almost afraid to tell him because I thought he would laugh at me but he hasn't. I can't imagine there are too many husbands like that. I married the perfect guy to put up with my bullshit. He asked me, "Just please tell me I'm not married to a Twilight person. You're just somebody who likes the books and the movies, right?"
"Um dear, we're flying to the Olympic Peninsula in October. You're married to a Twilight person."

At least I openly admit I'm crazy. That's half the battle, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment