Monday, April 5, 2010

Beautiful!


Sometimes I think I'm pretty good at taking pictures. It's something I've always loved to do and have been doing it so long that taking my camera everywhere with me is second nature. It's just always there, like my wallet or my keys. I've always been much more creative than technical and I wouldn't have it any other way. Technique you can lean but you either have an eye for it or you don't. I don't complement myself often, but I have an eye and a deep love for it which helps.
I took pictures well before I had children and when I was in high school, my commercial art teacher, Mr. Ashworth (whom I still owe a great debt) told me that I should make a point to shoot everything, except pets and children because parents and pet owners are the only ones that care. While this may be true, I don't take photographs of my children for other people, I take them for me and because I know that someday, even if it's after I'm gone, they'll appreciate having amazing pictures of themselves.
I love when my children humble me because like everyone else, I need it from time to time. Today I was humbled when while taking pictures of my daughter I realized, yes I can take good pictures but the picture above and many others of my children are amazing photographs because my children are so breathtakingly beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment