Friday, April 2, 2010

Baltimore Zoo, Fun In The Backyard & NO Naps!


After yesterday I wasn't 100% sure that I was ready to spend another day on my feet. When my husband woke me this morning, my first instinct was to crack him in the mouth. However, I pushed myself knowing that it would be good for the kids and that Owen would get to spend another day with his friends and I got off my ass and drove to meet our friends for a trip to the Baltimore Zoo.

The weather was perfect and our friends are always a good time. The kids are a blast and Owen always has fun with them. There was an Easter function going on so everyone and their mother was there. Parking was a total bitch but at least we got there just before 10 AM because I imagine if you got there any later, you were in a world of hurt. We're also members so we didn't have to wait in line, which was a good thing because it stretched farther than my kids would have waited. We were able to ride the tram in but had to walk out at the end of the day which was really nothing. I didn't even know that was an option or I would have been doing it all along. Nothing like a walk up a hill at the end of the day to make you value your car.

I took over 500 pictures and even for me, that's a lot. Weeding through them was a pain in the ass and with all those pictures I took, I still think of the ones I missed. It's a sickness, really. I just feel bad because I messed up some pictures of the kids feeding the giraffes and there's one kid whose picture I didn't get. When the sun is really bright (not ideal for the best pictures) I can't see as well to make sure that the focus is on the subject as opposed to the trees behind them. It think my shitty eyesight is partly to blame and I hate it. Damn auto focus!

I think the best part for Owen was playing with his friends, some of them he never gets to see because their moms work. Running around with them was the highlight of his day. How am I not supposed to take pictures of that? Of course it was only the 2nd day since birth that River missed her nap, yesterday being the first for our trip to the Cherry Blossoms. She did great and was giggling as I put her down. Best disposition ever. No idea where that came from. We played in the backyard after dinner. River crawled around trying to not touch the grass cause she apparently hates it and Owen drove his new tractor. Good times.

At the end of the day, as we left the zoo, we followed Michelle home. I get lost going down a one way street so someone to follow is always a plus. It felt like we went a different way but it still looked like we drove through the back lot of The Wire. I saw a guy on a street corner put his hand in his pants while on a cell phone and hold his junk. He's on a friggen street corner! Also, it's hot so ewwwww....

While we're on the subject, riddle me this; Martin Luther King Jr. was all about peace and non violent protest and even won the Noble Peace Prize for his work to end racial segregation and racial discrimination through civil disobedience and other non-violent means. So, why is it that Martin Luther King Boulevard is the shittiest place to be in any city? Seriously, drive to ANY city and then find MLK Boulevard and tell me what you see. Cause today I saw a pregnant 12 year old, a weave so bad that I could see tracks from my van, no less that 12 liquor stores, and people hanging out of windows and sitting on porches drinking things wrapped in paper bags. Such a cliche. Be original and stop having babies if you can't afford a decent stroller! I'm all about free will but Jesus, think of the kids you're popping out who are going to have to live on MLK Boulevard. It's a cycle people!

And for God's sake, put your junk away!

No comments:

Post a Comment