Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Are We Havin a Laugh?


No, we're not. At least I'm not.

I am the cheapest person I know so if I get a movie from Netflix or any other place, I'm going to watch it. I'm just way too cheap to let it go unseen. Last night Chris and I watched a Ricky Gervais movie. I think he is hilarious! We loved the British Office. I loved it so much that when the American one started, I hated it at first. The pilot episode was a failure, but I gave it a second chance because I loved the original so much. We also loved Extras. I liked Extras more than The Office and was sad when it ended, even though the ending was kind of like watching a dog slip into a coma with it's depression but they're British so not everything ends on a happy note. I think we only do that here cause we're pretty good at digging our heads in the sand and acting like bad things don't exist, IE, George Bush.

So, the point I'm making is that I love Ricky Gervais. He's my favorite host of an awards show and his stand up makes me wet myself so why can't he carry a movie? I really tried to like him in these movies but "Ghost Town" made me want to shove my head in the oven and after last night's "The Invention of Lying," It took everything I had not to book a plain ticket so I could find him and bitch slap him. While I got the basic gist of the move, it didn't make sense. OK, people have never lied, I get it but that doesn't mean they need to shout out everything they're thinking to a complete stranger. It was so stupid. Five seconds in the door of a blind date and she needs to tell him she was masturbating and will never sleep with him? It was just unnecessarily vapid. It isn't like it's his acting that's the problem, he just picks really stupid movies. I can't remember the last time I didn't finish a movie just because it was bad. I think the second Legally Blonde movie was the last time I did that but I should have seen that one coming. Her voice alone in that movie made me want to chew on a Brillo pad.

I'm not 100% sure but I think I may be done with him as far as movies go. He's got two movies in production. One is called Flanimals and I think it's a cartoon and the other is called Cemetery Junction where he's an insurance salesman. He isn't the lead so maybe it has a chance. Neither movie sounds like it will save his movie career. I'm still hoping they'll do something more with Extras. THAT I would watch.

No comments:

Post a Comment