Wednesday, March 3, 2010

What a Difference a Day Makes



After yesterday's cluster I was holding out little hope that this morning's "Operation School Bus" would go off without a hitch. I was wrong.

We walked out to the end of our driveway at 8:55ish. I can see one side of the street through our front window but I wasn't 100% sure which way they'd be coming from. I know where the bus depot is so I guessed correctly, which is good. Now I can wait for it to come and then we can run out to meet it, leaving River in her high chair.

Owen was so excited to see that friggen bus! He jumped up and down and started screaming, "School bus, school bus!" That is much better than the ,"Momma, Momma!" that he screamed at the door of the school. He got on all by himself and even let me take a picture of him as he looked around the bus. There is a driver and an assistant so the assistant strapped him in. While it was the same driver that I spoke to yesterday, she seemed like a different person, not nearly as crusty as I remembered. Perhaps she was out of coffee yesterday.

I didn't even flinch when she said, "Oh, I thought we were picking up a boy. Is this not Owen?" See? I'm growing as a person.

No comments:

Post a Comment