Thursday, March 25, 2010

Dude, I Got A Dell.



My husband and I ordered a new laptop for me a couple of months ago. He finally caved because he was tired of hearing me bitch about what a giganto piece of shit was PC was. To be fair, it really is a giganto piece of shit, but I was relentless about it. It moved an a snail's pace and drove me insane. Sometimes it took 10 minutes just to log onto it and get onto AOL. Yes, I know AOL is part of the problem and the deal I made with my husband was that we'd get the laptop, but no AOL, which I'm totally fine with. It really does corrupt your system and it's so 10 years ago.

So, no AOL on this kick ass ruby red, huge, light weight lap top that is so wide that I have to buy a new computer bag. I wanted the biggest screen possible and while I think they make one that is a little bigger, this one kicks ass. It's so much more advanced than the one I've been using. I sat them together on the table this morning and I had to laugh. The new one makes the old one look like a joke. The new one is so much more advanced than my last one that it took me like 10 minutes just to figure out how to turn it on and I finally had to get the booklet out. Then I wanted to play a CD and once I found the hole, I couldn't figure out how to get it inside to play. It totally just sucked it in. Scared the crap out of me. I thought I was at Spacely Spacerockets for a minute. Way too advanced for me.

Anyhoo, Chris is out tonight so I'll have to wait til he gets home tomorrow night to get in online because that is way out of my area of expertise. It's just sitting on the table. I stare at it like it's the friggen Hope Diamond. I think I might be afraid of it, but I'm gonna use the hell out of it, once Koldan sets it up for me. It's just so cute! Who doesn't love red, right?

Also, I thought it was a good omen that one of the few songs that came loaded on my Windows Media Player was Debussey's The Girl with the Flaxen Hair. It's one of my favorites. I listened to it like 10 times while I tried to figure out how to load a CD.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IRw-un5e5A8

No comments:

Post a Comment