Saturday, February 20, 2010

My Baby's Birthday Party!



Today we celebrated Owen’s 3rd Birthday! We had a party with a Cars theme, which he really seemed to enjoy. It was a lot more low key than the party we had for River, in part because I cooked nothing. The only part of the day that sucked was the parking because of all the snow and ice that is still covering our yard and every un-shoveled part of our neighborhood.

I made a great Cars cake for the party and bought trays of sandwiches that Owen seemed to like. Probably the best food was the deviled eggs I made. I don’t think you can go wrong with deviled eggs. They totally rocked and were much better than I remember them being.

Most of Owen’s friends came and it was so good to see them all and feel relaxed. He ran around the whole time like he was coming down from a crack high. He has a big truck from Cars and two small Doc and Lightening McQueen cars that he loves and carried them around for most of the day. God forbid someone tried to touch them because he freaked every time someone looked at them for too long.

After everyone left, we tried to put him down for a nap, but it was a joke. We decided to make trip to Best Buy (see next post) and then back home for dinner. Owen ate more sandwiches and River had pasta and grapes. I don’t know if River ate too much or maybe she’d had her fill with the stuff she’d eaten all day, but somewhere near the end of her dinner, she threw up. I mean Linda Blair threw up. I was waiting for her head to spin around. It was such a long, slow release that my husband just sat there and watched the stream of chunkiness. I, at least tried to grab some paper towels. Even Owen got involved as he ran towards River yelling, “Oh shit! River’s food!!”

Nice.

We haven’t even opened his presents yet!

I can’t believe my baby is three! Maybe it’s time for his first haircut. We’ll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment