Saturday, February 20, 2010

Best Buy Smells Like Cat Piss


Our local Best Buy closed in January because they were moving to a new store across the street. I was kind of excited about it because hey, new store. I went in for the first time last week with the kids and I noticed when I walked in that it smelled funny. I gave the store the benefit of the doubt and looked around anyway, but the smell followed me. Owen was being an ass so we left and when I got home, I washed all of the clothes I was wearing thinking maybe I spilled something on myself and the smell was me. I should have known it wasn’t but I was covering all of my bases. Maybe River threw up on me when I wasn’t looking. Tonight I discovered how wrong I was.

We decided after Owen’s party to get out of the house for a bit. Neither kid really napped because of the excitement of the day so they were driving us coo-coo. I am in the market for a new laptop and going to look around sounded like a good way to pass thr time. Chris hadn’t been yet and we figured, what the hell. As soon as we walked through the big glass doors, it was clear. Best Buy smells like cat piss.

I don’t just mean a little pee in the corner. It smells so bad that it is distracting. How anyone works there is beyond me. I know I can be overly sensitive to things like this so I tried to let it go while we looked around. I finally said something to my husband and a lady overheard and agreed that the whole place smelled like soiled kitty panties. They must know that it reeks in there. Why don’t they do something about it? When a family walks in your store and the first thing that is said is, “This is a good place for a stick up,” it’s time to do something about it.

We decided then and there that our late night trips to Best Buy to see if any good movies have come out are over. It’s just too nasty. I felt like we were walking through an old trailer.


I feel dirty.


No comments:

Post a Comment