Sunday, January 24, 2010

Lazy Sunday


We got up at 6 AM this morning so we could take the kids to Breakfast with the Penguins at the Baltimore Zoo. What it really should have been called was "Shitty breakfast with two dirty penguins while a woman with really bad teeth holds them and talks." I don't know what I expected, but that wasn't it.


We bought tickets to the Breakfast with Santa back in December but when we got two feet of snow, it was canceled. We got these tickets in the mail for a new event, as opposed to them asking us if we wanted our money back, which I think was tacky, but to be honest, when I got the tickets, I was just finally getting better from being sick for at least 3 weeks and I just didn't feel like dealing with it, so I let it go. I don't usually "let things go" and now I know why. This was the shittiest food ever. I'm pretty sure that the "home fries" were still frozen twenty minutes before I tried to eat them. The eggs looked like they'd been sitting in the sun and the fruit was terrible. How do you ruin fruit, seriously?


So, needless to say, we got out of there as soon as possible. I mean Owen didn't even want to sit with us. Our friend Sherry and her family were there also and he spent more time at their table than he dd our own. River knocked the plate of food I had sitting in front of me over and down my shirt and as it was her first time having eggs, she broke out in a rash around her mouth. Ahhhh, good times. Anyway, we high tailed it as soon was we could break for the van.


We decided to go to Home Depot on the way home because Owen has learned to get out of his room and we needed some way to prevent that. Getting up at 5 AM because Owen hears Chris's alarm go off is not kosher. So we’re at Home Depot, lock shopping and I’ve just turned up a new isle when I see a guy bent over. He’s wearing his pants under his ass cause that’s the thing right now and his sweatshirt is pulled up above his waste. Now this would normally just be gross but he wasn’t wearing any underwear! He’s bent over looking at something and I swear I saw his religion! The ensemble that he chose was bad enough but did I really need to know he was free balling? There are many things I planned to share with my two year old today and that wasn’t one of them.

After that we went to watch the Jets play some team I don’t even know because I hate football. After the weekly, “Will you wear a Jets jersey for me?” conversation that I seem to have way too often with my husband, we were off. We drove to just left of nowhere Carroll County and hung out with some of Chris’s work friends. There were other kids for Owen to play with and even another baby for River. All of the other kids were girls so Owen was sort of the outcast but he didn’t seem to mind. He’ll be friends with anyone, whether they like it or not. He sets the tone. It’s what he got from me.

After the Jets lost, we got home just in time to read books and night night time.
I posted pictures above from the penquin thing. I wasn't able to get any pictures of the bare ass from Home Depot, but don't think it didn't cross my mind. Also. check out the rash River got on her mouth from eating eggs for the first time. Weird.

1 comment:

  1. I couldn't see the rash around River's mouth because her blue eyes demand to be looked at! She is so beautiful, Michelle!

    ReplyDelete