Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Impossibly Beautiful!




Today my beautiful blue eyed baby girl turned one! Has it really been a whole year since my very last baby was cut from me while I cried? Has it really been a year since I sat in a hospital near downtown Baltimore on Inauguration Day while my sweet baby came into the world?
She's more angel than I could have ever asked for. She puts up with the cazillion pictures I take of her, the Team Edward shirt I force her to wear, kisses all day long, a brother who "moves" his toys away from her, so he won't hurt herself on the sharp edges of his very favorite doll and disappearing Goldfish crackers every time she looks away for only a second.
She never complains and only cries when she's starving or getting a shot. She drinks whole milk, eats table food, sleeps her ass off and always wakes up smiling. There is no better feeling in the world than to walk into your babies room every morning to see kicking feet and a smile from ear to ear.
A year ago, I didn't think I'd buy a tu tu in every shade.
A year ago, I thought my son had the best hair in the house.
A year ago, I only hoped my daughter would have beautiful , blue eyes.
A year ago, I wondered why little girls need so many dresses.
A year ago, I didn't have anyone to watch the same movie with, every day.
A year ago, I thought I took a lot of pictures of my son.
A year ago, I worried that my son would be too rough with his sister, now the roughest thing he does is a run by kissing.
A year ago, I didn't know what it was like to have an amazing daughter.
A year ago, I didn't know what it was like to have a 1 year old in the 25% for weight.
A year ago, I didn't know what it was like to have two kids, now I can't imagine what it's like to not have them.
I'm a lucky Momma!
Happy Birthday River!

No comments:

Post a Comment