Wednesday, January 6, 2010

A BIG Day For River!


Today my sweet little baby hit a milestone. It's one her brother bit around the same age, but maybe a bit younger. I know Momma has hit it on at least two occasions, one just this August. It's a milestone that I'm sure Chris has reached, even though he doesn't talk about it. My baby girl fell down the stairs for the very first time!


It was bound to happen. I turn for a second while she tumbles down the stairs like a bag of Idaho potatoes. Owen has done it so many times that I stopped counting. I only left the room for a second to grab some clothes from the bedroom and I knew when I did it that I should close the gate but Owen was bitching about the gate being open and to be honest, I just didn't want to hear his mouth anymore, so I left it open. I thought that she couldn't possibly make it across the room before I could get back. I was wrong.


I heard a sound and I wasn't sure what it was, so I ran into the kitchen and while I'm coming down the hallway I hear Owen yelling, "River, stairs!" Then I realized the nose I heard was her crying lightly at the bottom of the basement stairs. Thankfully they're mostly carpeted, but the top two steps are curved and covered in hardwood and the basement stairs end right into a wall.



When I got to her, she was sitting up, facing the wall. I think she stopped just short of the wall and landed right on her butt. She was whimpering, but not screaming. She only does that for food. I picked her up and immediately checked for broken bones and she seemed to be fine. No blood, no screaming, not even any red spots. I'm not sure how she managed that, but I'm not complaining.
I watched her all day and nothing. She got by totally unscathed. I also had to run to her room this morning when I saw her standing and trying to fling herself out of the crib. BIG day for River.
I obviously don't have a picture of her falling down the stairs, but here she is creating a new way to play with her Excersaucer. Owen's always good for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment