Monday, December 7, 2009

Oh Shit!


Today, we had to spend some time in the car. Owen had school, we needed to pick up a picture of River with Santa and I needed to do some Christmas shopping. Now, as I've admitted before, I'm not the world's best driver, but I'm not the worst either. I've actually made a concentrated effort to not be such an asshole behind the wheel. It's harder than you think.

Today, someone cut me off. I was totally in the right, but he cut me off. I was forced to hit the breaks hard and the whole car felt it. I didn't slam on the breaks, but it was enough to make our heads go forward a bit and then back into our headrests. Again, completely not my fault. I was at a red light going straight and the moron on the other side decided to turn left while I was going straight. The right of way was mine.

So, that wasn't my fault, what WAS my fault is the fact that my 2 1/2 hear old screamed out "OH SHIT!" before his head hit the headrest. While I know it's mildly funny, and I giggled a bit, inside, when I think about when and how often I say it, it's a problem.

If I drop a pencil, I say "Oh Shit!"

If I forget my phone, I say "Oh, Shit!"

If I forget something at the store, I say "Oh Shit!"

If I load the car and forget a kid, I say "Oh Shit!"


OK, I don't forget a kid, but you see where I'm coming from. I really say it over and over again without even thinking about it. I counted 7 times I said it after the incident. Why is that? I say "Oh Shit!" like I say, can you pass the salt? I've really got to work on that. It's a sickness.

1 comment:

  1. HAHAHa this is so funny! We all have bad habits it's hard not to laugh when our kids imitate us the good and the bad:)

    ReplyDelete