Monday, November 30, 2009

Santa Drives a Bronco?


On Sunday, Chris and I took the kids to the B & O Railroad Museum in Baltimore. I wasn't sure if Owen would like it as it takes a bit to really get him interested, but he had a great time! River was just kinda along for the ride but seemed to have fun as well.


When you first pull into the parking lot, they have many old (gigantic) trains and steam engines in there that you can walk around and read info about. Chris and Owen thought this was very cool and we spent the 20 minutes we were early, doing this. I knew as soon as I saw those trains out front that Owen would have a good time!


They had the Holiday Festival of Trains going on while we were there and The Washington DC Metropolitan Area LEGO Train Club was sponsoring that day and had an entire town with train tracks going all through it set up in the center of the main part of the building. It was very cool and Owen seemed to want to get into the town and play but we were able to redirect his attention so he wouldn't pull a Godzilla on the Lego town.


They also had Santa on hand to take pictures with the kids. He lost his luster a bit when he pulled up in a Bronco, but I don't think Owen noticed. I guess that's what we get for being 20 minutes early! We tried to have the kid's pictures taken with Santa but Owen, being Owen wouldn't really allow it. I decided that in lu of paying for two 5 X 7's, I'd just take my own pictures, which was a better idea. River couldn't take her eyes off of him so it was nice to get a picture of that. That way, I don't have to pay for pictures of Owen running away. I already have an ass load of those.


I think the best part, for me, was the train ride with Frosty. They offered one with Santa as well, but since we'd had the pleasure of meeting him at his Bronco, I opted to hitch a ride with Frosty. The kids seemed to have a great time! Owen was enthralled with the moving train, Frosty and watching out the windows. He also loved having our tickets punched by the train guy and wouldn't let anyone else hold the tickets. While he was sucking down the candy canes Frosty gave him, he had no idea that we basically rode through the back lot of The Wire, complete with a wanna be (white) rapper posing for his buddy's point and shoot in a window of an abandoned home. I felt like I should have asked for his autograph. He might be famous someday......NOT!


A good time was had by all, plus, Owen got new toys trains from the gift shop and it was River's first train ride!













No comments:

Post a Comment