Tuesday, November 24, 2009

LOGAN!

Baby Logan is finally here! We was born last week so I'm sure Karen and BT are still awake! You can tell expectant parents all you want to about the sleep they won't get but you never really understand it until you're in it. I feel for them because it wasn't that long ago that I was standing in my bedroom crying while my son cried and trying to let my husband sleep so he could go to work the next day.

Babies are amazing but they're also an amazing amount of work. While being a SAHM is the best job I've ever had, it's also the toughest. I can't leave early when I don't feel like working or call in sick. I don't get sick days unless a sick day means, we're all sick. I feel lucky that I have a husband who is 100% in it with me and helps out no matter what, but there are still tough stressful times that come with being a mother. I just try to remind myself how lucky I am to be able to spend so much time with my kids and I try to remember not to take for granted that I can stay home. I know that others can't.

Anyhoo, Logan is beautiful and I'm so glad he's here. When he's had some time to fatten up and get a little older, we'll go down to meet him. This time of the year isn't a good time to take two kids to meet a new baby.

My husband and I talked about the kids we'd want and we said with my age, we should have two kids pretty quickly while I'm still young---er. I think we thought we'd have one and get right back on the horse, so to speak. I remember laying in bed, recovering from my first c-section when my Mother in Law asked me "So, when are you gonna go for #2?" Just the thought of going through all that again made me feel sick to my stomach. I just laid there and cried. I refused to even entertain the idea. Now look at us, three years later and I have two of the grooviest kids ever! I will have no more children and I am totally fine with that. My kids are all I could ever want!


Way to go Karen and BT! You have a beautiful baby! I know what you're saying, "All babies are beautiful." They're really not.

No comments:

Post a Comment