Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Racism at its best

If you look at this picture and can say that it isn't racist, you're a liar. The person who created this has a racist heart. This didn't come from a place that wants better things for your country. It comes from behind a white sheet. They may not still be hiding under sheets, but they're acting like this is in the name of love of country and not just complete hatred and disrespect for a black man. It is nothing more than racism. Just racism.

A racist will tell you, "Well, we have a black President now so I don't want to hear another word about racism. It doesn't exist anymore" A sane person will tell you, "Having a black President has brought racism to the for front and will make people think and discuss it more which can only help to end racism, but it still exists." Today Jimmy Carter was giving an interview to MSNBC and commented on all the signs at the "tea party" rallies and other protests against Obama and his policies. I'll be honest, I don't remember a President being protested against so much after just over 7 months in office. He was left with a bunch of shit that people seem to think wasn't there before he was. I haven't seen him do anything yet that is near as offensive as the load of shit the Bush Administration did. Anyway, Carter commented that the animosity of a lot of the protesters is because President Obama is a black man. I couldn't agree more. I don't even know how you can see it any other way. I've watched a lot of clips of the protesters and they seem to have many things in common. They hate everything about the new administration and THEY'RE ALL WHITE! It's a sea of white faces. I saw a 50 year old guy holding a sign that said "Whose looking out for me?" Are you fucking serious? We need someone to look out for middle aged white men now? WTF?

I love Jimmy Carter. It takes a lot of balls to say what he said. He's a good man.

Bellow is what he actually said:


“I think an overwhelming portion of the intensely demonstrated animosity toward President Barack Obama is based on the fact that he is a black man,” Carter said. “I live in the South, and I’ve seen the South come a long way, and I’ve seen the rest of the country that share the South’s attitude toward minority groups at that time, particularly African Americans.”
Carter continued, “And that racism inclination still exists. And I think it’s bubbled up to the surface because of the belief of many white people, not just in the South but around the country, that African-Americans are not qualified to lead this great country. It’s an abominable circumstance, and it grieves me and concerns me very deeply.”

No comments:

Post a Comment