Tuesday, August 4, 2009

I still love Bill Clinton!


I love Bill Clinton and I don’t care who knows it! I voted for him twice and would do it again. Even with all his issues, I think he was an excellent President who may not have done everything right, but did more right than wrong.

The difference between most right wing nut jobs and me is that I think what happens in your bedroom is private and should not be government mandated. So, I couldn’t give a rat’s ass who he was or was not sleeping with. That is between him and his wife and is none of my concern. I voted for him to be my President, not my Pope and I think he did a great job.

Today he was on a planned trip to North Korea to talk to that tiny little leader, il about bringing the two journalists that wondered onto North Korean soil apparently on accident. They were sentenced to 12 years hard labor and everyone wanted them to come home. Bill Clinton made it happen when nobody else probably could, because other countries love him. It would have done no good to send any other living President. They would’t even have met with Bush. Bill Clinton is loved and respected by other countries. I can’t think of one single country that feels that way about George Bush. Leaders went out of their way at the G20, not to shake his hand while he was still President.

I have been a bit pissed by Obama lately because of the issue of gays in the military. I think he needs to get cracking on what he promised and stop educated 20-year combat veterans of three wars who are still serving, from being thrown out of the military because they are gay. I still think I made the right decision when I voted for him and I don’t question that for a second. At least with Obama there is a chance of this happening. If McCain were President, he’d be towing the line of the religious right and this would only be a dream. I CAN tell you this. If "Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell" isn’t repealed in the next 3 ½ years, I WILL NOT vote for Obama for a 2nd term. I will never vote for anyone again who thinks this kind of judgment in our military is OK. In my opinion, the same people who today are saying “You aren’t good enough to fight for your country and die because you are gay”, are the same people who said 50+ years ago that you need to sit in the back of the bus because you are black. I see no difference.

I can tell you that sending Bill Clinton to North Korea was pure genius. I think it was just the best idea and it paid off. People will say he had no business being there and they’ll sound like idiots. It’s easy to say those things when these aren’t your daughters or your sisters. These women get to come home now to their husbands and their children. Isn’t that what matters here?


My husband sent me this quote from the Post: "Still, there was some immediate criticism. "This is a reward for hostage-taking," said former U.N. ambassador John R. Bolton, who advocates a hard line in U.S. policies toward North Korea. "Will Bill be off to Tehran next to get those backpackers out?" Wouldn’t that be great? “No man left behind.” I think I heard that somewhere. Maybe it was written on the side of Scott Speicher’s plane when we left him out there for 18 years. The military does great things, but they obviously don’t do everything right. This guy worked under Reagan, Bush #41 and Bush #43 so of course he’ll find fault. I of course didn’t see him doing anything to get them back, not that he would. It’s always easier to do nothing and sit back and bitch.

Anyway, way to go Bill Clinton!

No comments:

Post a Comment