Friday, July 24, 2009

Play areas...the new baby sitter

Why is it that the mothers who let their kids run all over the place screaming and trashing the place are the same ones who say they would never allow their children to do this? I know that my little angel is very high energy and I sometimes take him to the park to run some of it off, but sometimes he gets out of control and I know it. I address it when it happens but I don’t then turn to other moms and say, “I would never let me son do that”

If you have two or three kids, one of them is 10 and the other is 1, there are some places you won’t be able to go if your 10 year old is a crazy person. I know this is in my future. Admitting it is half the battle. I have never met a mother who admits that they just can’t take their kids to the play area in the mall because one of them has a tendency to be crazy at times. That is why I can’t go there anymore. There are always older kids there whose parents are also there and just not paying attention while these kids breeze past mine on the way up the stairs to the slide. If that’s going to happen, it’s not best to happen when I’m there because I’ll address it and tell your kid to stop. I wouldn’t have to it you were paying attention to your own offspring. I’m there to make sure my kids are safe and happy not to spare your feelings when you’re too lazy to get off your ass and correct your kid yourself. But I'm not bitter.

No comments:

Post a Comment