Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Enough already.

Kanyne West says he’s the new King of Pop! I had to laugh out loud when my husband told me this because A, I hate Kanye West and B/ It didn’t work out so well for the last guy.

Michael Jackson was born a sweet, talented black kid who went out like a cartoon character. He died a scary old white woman after years of bleaching his skin. He had a beautiful voice that I listened to in the early 80s, before he became so creepy. I can be honest, I was sad when he died, but that was more a mourning for the years that I listened to him and watched my nephew dance to his music and not for him as a person. Now I’m just sick of hearing about it. He’s in the ground and I still hear his name everyday. Lets face it, he was a big ole’ mess. That whole family is. I’d rather be poor than born into that train wreck of a family any day.

Michael Jackson fought his whole life to be seen as white, so why is he all of the sudden black in death? I don’t get it. Isn’t it offensive that he bleached his skin for over 25 years? He’s dead, we get it. He’s buried in a gold coffin, we get it. His mother who raised him while his father beat him is a saint, we get it. Enough already. He’s in the ground, now you can start releasing his songs and make money off his dead body for years. Just like they did for Tupac.

I like to post pictures of my children with each post, but I can’t even bring myself to do it for this one. Thankfully, they don’t even know who he is.

So, go-ahead Kanye, you’re the next King of Pop, go you! You’re ahead of the game. I already don’t like you.

No comments:

Post a Comment